We offer a full range of nursing services, administered by our experienced nurse, Susie McCrossan.
Susie is a vital part of our team. Her friendly, efficient manner puts patients at ease, no matter what it is they are seeing her for.
Susie trained as a nurse at Dumfries & Galloway College of Nursing & Midwifery, Scotland, and has specialist qualifications in critical care, diabetes and palliative care. She continued her nursing career in Scotland until 2004 when she moved to Spain, settling first in Menorca.
Susie has experience in many branches of nursing, including geriatrics and mental health, emergency medicine, coronary care and intensive care.
Susie offers the following services –
- Disease prevention and early diagnosis, includes general health consultations and screening
- Well Woman health checks, including cervical smear tests
- Well Man health checks, including PSA blood tests for prostate cancer
- General blood testing
- Diabetes clinic
- Heart health clinics, including ECGs, blood pressure and cholesterol monitoring
- Erectile dysfunction help, including testosterone level checks and testosterone injection plans
- Sexual health clinics, including testing for STIs
- Weight control clinics, including ensuring there is no medical reason for weight loss or gain and help with diet and exercise plans
One of Susie’s patients told us,
“I recently attended a Wellman Health Check at Medcare in Benijofar and the nurse on duty Ms McCrossan quickly flagged up some major concerns referring me to Urgencias in Torrevieja at once. The medical team in Torrevieja instantly administered specialist tests and treatments which all in all, may well have prevented a serious outcome. The tests at Medcare are still ongoing and my conditions are now comfortably under control. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Susan very much for her personal, prompt and professional attention throughout. Money well spent!” – Gary (May 2018)
“This year I took up your offer of a birthday health check. Again my blood pressure was high and when I showed Susan my medication she told me that the statins were for lowering cholesterol not blood pressure. When I visit the Salud for repeat prescriptions my blood pressure isn’t always taken and am just given the same prescription. When I saw my doctor, with your results, my medication was changed. Had it not been for Susan I don’t know what the long term effect of having the wrong medication would have been.
All I can say is a big thank you and would advise everyone to have an independent medical examination.” – SH (Oct 2018)